With Distance Education at Appalachian, you are connected to the Appalachian campus with access to world-class professors and top-notch Mountaineer resources, without most of the fees applicable to on-campus students. Learn about financial aid, identify scholarship opportunities and determine the best options for you.
Tuition and Fees
In addition to tuition and fees, other costs associated with the academic programs could include:
- The non-refundable application fee (except when a cohort is canceled due to insufficient interest)
- Textbooks (Distance Education students are not eligible to participate in the Campus Bookstore's textbook rental program).
- Course-specific materials as specified by the faculty teaching the course.
- The cost of required admission tests (e.g. GRE or MAT for admission to graduate programs, the Praxis I and Praxis II for teacher education majors and licensure candidates)
- Unique, specific software or hardware
- Parking fee, if required by the host site
- The graduation fee
- The cost of the cap and gown, if participating in the ceremony